The past few years have been filled with uncertainty. Best practices no longer resemble those of three years ago and it is the responsibility of dental hygienists to stay current. Emerging and re-emerging diseases such as COVID-19 and measles require us to adapt accordingly. All this contributes to ensuring safe care for our clients, our co-workers, ourselves and, indirectly, our families.
This presentation will provide an IPAC update based on current guidelines, checklists and standards as well as access to resource material to ensure the policies and procedures in your practice are up to date and compliant. Emerging and re-emerging diseases and how to mange them in a dental setting will also be discussed.
- Describe IPAC best practices based on PHO checklists, CDHO guidelines and RCDSO standards.
- Review steps for critical and semi-critical instruments/devices reprocessing and sterilization monitoring.
- Explain biofilm formation in dental unit waterlines and its impact on water quality used during client treatment.
- Describe water treatment methods and water monitoring options.
- Session handout will be provided.