Jacques Véronneau, DMD, MSc, PhD
Recent protocols in caries management are mainly oriented toward operative treatment decisions. This lecture will bring dental professionals inside cariology to understand the caries process as a continuum. What can dental professionals recommend to change the biologic events and carious lesions outcomes?
A new and worldwide scientific discovery representing a breakthrough in the last 60 years will be introduced; a unique, scientifically proven 25 per cent xylitol toothpaste. Dental hygienists will assess this product and determine its importance for advancing caries prevention and control. Strong evidence-based comprehensive products and protocols associated with carious lesions prevention and control will also be presented. After this lecture, participants will be able to intervene at any stage of the caries process.
- Compare and contrast the scientific evidence of domestic and professional products for optimal client outcomes.
- Differentiate between caries theories and related processes.
- Explain the protocols in caries management.
- Distinguish between the activity and inactivity concept of carious lesions.
- Discuss the Canadian carious lesions prevalence and evaluate the need to change.