Neli Gontier, RDH, BSc
The tongue and the rest of the oral cavity can speak volumes on the health of an individual. Are you listening – or rather, watching? Join this practical session that will highlight some of the most common oral signs and symptoms of disease and will help you identify and understand the different microbiological, nutritional, and systemic causes for many oral conditions. You will leave this lecture with applicable treatment options, guidance, and references to help you help your clients.
- Understand the different causes of oral conditions.
- Recognize the signs of systemic health issues within the oral cavity; interpret these signs to assess possible health needs.
- Discuss health and oral needs with clients.
- Develop a treatment plan and/or referral for clients.
- Session handout will be provided.