Amber Auger, RDH, MPH
There are many clues that provide evidence of disease, such as occusal wear, recession, bleeding, fissured tongues, erythemic tissues, incipient lesions to mention a few. Determining a client’s high-risk factors for oral and systemic disease is multi-faceted, and our role as dental professionals gives us an edge, allowing us to evaluate the first signs of disease. This presentation will help you and your team review client risk factors in-depth, while empowering the clinician to compare clinical technologies that align with the client’s lifestyle to reduce disease risk.
- Review the role of pH in the caries risk assessments and learn to identify stages of demineralization and remineralization.
- Learn how to expedite risk assessments to enhance client education and prevention.
- Prioritize the client’s high-risk factors to comprehensively decrease the risk of oral and systemic disease.
- Evaluate the latest clinical technologies and home-care techniques to decrease risk of disease.
- Session handout will be provided.